Lupita Doll Cotton Candy Seller Aqua Skirt Ceramic Mexican #2
- Lupita Stick Cotton Candy Seller Mexican Ceramic Figurine with an Aqua Blue Skirt.
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall and 6 1/4" wide at the base.
- Please note all details.
- The Apron has beautiful Gazebo painted on it & signed by the artist.
- Her hair is in Two Looped Braids with flowers.
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
Najaco were born in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits. Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopals, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.