Lupita Doll Ceramic Mexico Folk Art Basket of Chickens/Chicks Royal Blue #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Basket of Chicken/Chicks, Royal Blue Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6-14" wide (at the base).
- She is 4 1/4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- This doll is holding a woven basket of Chicken/Chicks.
- Her skirt is royal blue, along with a hand painting of a chicken farm.
- Her hair is in one long looped braid in the of her head, along with flowers.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted, signed or initialed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.