Lupita Doll Ceramic Mexico Folk Art Basket of Chickens/Chicks Royal Blue #3
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Basket of Chicken/Chicks, Royal Blue Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6-14" wide (at the base).
- She is 4 1/4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- This doll is holding a woven basket of Chicken/Chicks.
- Her skirt is royal blue, along with a hand painting of a chicken farm.
- Her hair is in two long looped braids, along with flowers.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted, signed or initialed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.