Lupita Doll Figurine Ceramic Mexican Folk Art Holding Baby Lime Green
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll
- The figurine is 12" tall
- 8" wide (at the base).
- She is 4 1/2" (shoulder to shoulder)
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is holding a baby wrapped in a blanket.
- Her skirt is Lime Green Lime with a hand painting of a mother and child.
- She has a bun in her hair along with flowers and a bow.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.