Lupita Ceramic NAJACO Doll/Figurine Espanola Pig Basket Turquoise
$ 58.99 $ 66.99
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Piglet in Basket
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- 6 1/2" (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- She is carrying a piglet in a basket.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful turquoise color. (the color is darker in person)
- The apron shows a man feeding a pig with a beautiful back ground.
- This doll has a pony tail with flowers and a comb in her hair.
- The Lupita is painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are manufactured in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand painted and will have slight variations one to another.