Lupita ceramic Figurine/Doll Sweet Bread Basket Espanola Folk Art Green
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Espanola Style Green Skirt, Sweet Bread
- The figurine is 11" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 7" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a woven ceramic basket of Sweet Bread.
- The artisan has painted a lovely chocolate or coffee pot with sweetbread on a Green Skirt
- The Lupita has a Braid wrapped around her head with flowers in her hair.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- Najaco figurines/dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores. Each doll is a model of Mexican beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- All Lupitas are initialed or signed by each artisan.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.