Lupita Ceramic Figurine Doll/Mexico Folk Art Our lady Guadalupe Royal Blue #2
- "Lupita" with Basket of Calla Lilies, Mexican Ceramic Figurine with a Royal Blue Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 3/4" tall and 7-1/4" wide at the base.
- This figurine has a royal blue colored skirt, along with a beautiful painting of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- She is holding a ceramic basket of white calla lilies.
- This Lupita is wearing a pony tail on the back of her head, along with flowers and a comb in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans.
- All the Lupita's are signed or initialed by the artisans.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco by the Arana family.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.