Lupita Ceramic Doll Our lady Basket Lilies Green Skirt Mexican Folk Art
- "Lupita" Figurine with Basket of Lilies and "Our Lady of Guadalupe" Patron Saint of Mexico.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- Shoulder to shoulder- 4"
- 6 1/4" wide at the base.
- The skirt has a beautiful green skirt with Our Virgin of Guadalupe painted on it.
- She is holding a ceramic basket of lilies.
- She has a coiled braid along with flowers in her hair.
- Each figurine is signed or initialed by the artisan.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly creates each figurine and each is painted by hand.
Najaco figurines are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.