Lupita Ceramic Doll Our lady Basket Lilies Green Skirt Mexican Folk Art
- "Lupita" Figurine with Basket of Lilies and "Our Lady of Guadalupe" Patron Saint of Mexico
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- Shoulder to shoulder- 4"
- 6 1/4" wide at the base.
- The skirt has a beautiful green skirt with Our Virgin of Guadalupe painted on it.
- She is holding a ceramic basket of lilies.
- She has a coiled braid along with flowers in her hair.
- Each figurine is signed or initialed by the artisan.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly creates each figurine and each is painted by hand.
- Najaco figurines are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.