Lupita Ceramic Doll/Figurine Mexico Folk Art Basket Nopales Lilac
- Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Basket of Nopales (Cacti)
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- Base- 6 1/4" x 5".
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll/Figurine is carrying a basket full of Nopales/Cacti.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Her skirt is a beautiful Lilac color. (color lilac is brighter in person)
- The apron shows a man harvesting cacti.
- She has two braids tails with flowers and bows in her hair.
- The family proudly creates each figurine and signed or initialed by each artisan.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.