Lupita Ceramic Doll/Figurine Hard Candy Seller Hat Mexican Celeste Blue
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Hard Candy Seller, Celeste Blue Skirt w Hat
- The figurine is 11-1/4" tall
- 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This lovely Lupita is a hard candy seller.
- She is holding a wood stick with candies.
- Her hand painted apron shows a mother and children standing in front of a church.
- Her skirt is painted a lovely Celeste Blue color.
- This doll has a pony tail and a ribbon. She is also is wearing a hat that has flowers.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.