Lupita Ceramic Doll/Figurine Candy Apple Seller Mexican Royal Blue #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Candy Apple Seller with a Royal Blue Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/4" tall
- 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This lovely Lupita is a candy apple seller.
- She is holding a wood stick with candy apples on it.
- Her hand painted apron has apples on a table cloth.
- Her skirt is painted a lovely Royal Blue.
- This doll has her hair in Two Pony Tails, with flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are manufactured in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.