Lg Ceramic/Pottery Jug/Vessel Mexico Folk Art Salvador Hernandez Cano Chupícuaro
- Beautiful Hand-Thrown Mexican Ceramic Jar
- Height- 11 1/2"
- Diameter- 12"
- Opening- 5"
- Salvador Hernandez-Cano is an internationally renowned ceramicist.
- The Hernandez Cano family has produced signature pieces since the 1815.
- We have had the privilege of visiting their work shop in their workshop in a town called Zinapécuaro.
- Salvador has has hand painted symbols of the Chupícuaro culture on the jug.
- Chupícuaro is an important Pre-Hispanic archaeological site from the late Pre-Classical or formative period. The culture that takes its name from the site dates to 400 BC to 200 AD, or alternatively 500 BC to 300 AD., although some academics suggest an origin as early as 800 BC.
- This jar has irregular paint spots. Please see all photos.
- We will make sure the jug is extremely well packed and will be insured.