Large Ceramic Vase Ventura H Benitz Pottery Mexico Folk Art Dancing Skeletons
- Master Potter J. Ventura Hernandez Benitz Large Ceramic Vase.
- Height- 13"
- Width- 8"
- Opening- 3 3/4"
- This amazing vase is an example of Ventura's wonderful pottery.
- This beautiful vase is hand painted with 4 dancing skeletons, two men and two women.
- He added tiny pieces of wood around the vase, then put them in the kiln which then makes the tiny white dots throughout the vase.
- Ventura has hand painted and hand burnished the vase.
- In Zinapécuaro, J. Ventura Hernández Benítez remains solidly committed to his ceramic business as he has been for 40 years.
- Ventura has won many, many awards throughout his artistic years.
- The workshop's rustic brick walls, held up a corrugated metal roof, have his creations which seemed to gestate in the heat.
- Homemade plaster molds, pots, vases and pitchers that required weeks of labor - lay about the shop in the hypnotic chaos of a true artisan.
- Small ceramic pumpkins sit on the concrete floor in front of a shelf loaded with vases covered with images of skeletons dressed in fiesta garb, geometric patterns of terraces and triangles, stylized dogs, fish and monkeys.
- Pots in subtle shades of dark red ocher, greenish umber and bluish gray sit nearby.
- This vase will be a wonderful addition to any home, office or as a special gift for someone special.
- We will make sure your vase is extremely well packed and insured.