Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Doll Figurine Mexico Folk Art Cage Parrot Espanola Pink
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll With Parrot in Cage.
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- Base- 6 3/4" x 4 1/4"(at the base).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a wire cage with a green parrot inside.
- The skirt is painted a lovely pink with a large colorful parrot on the apron.
- This doll has a pony tail, a hat, a bow and flowers in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted and initialed/signed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.