Lupita/o Najaco Novio/Groom Ceramic Figurine Mexican Folk Art
- Groom "Lupita/o" Najaco Ceramic Doll.
- Tall- 13"
- Platform- 5 1/4" x 3 1/2" (at the base).
- Wide- 5" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The figurine is a groom.
- This handsome ceramic man has a black tuxedo with a pink shirt.
- The Lupita/o is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.