Ceramic Rabbit w Moving Arms Mexico Folk Art Decor Master Potter P. Pajarito #2
- Large Ceramic Rabbit
- Height- 6 1/2"
- Deep 3 3/4"
- Width- 4"
- This adorable rabbit was made by master ceramist Pablo Pajarito.
- He is one of the best potters in Mexico with his works shown in museums in Mexico and throughout the world.
- Pablo is a dynamic ceramist who also works with communities throughout Mexico in order to help and guide other ceramists to continue and making the traditional pottery art.
- Pablo continues to mix other Mexican traditions into his work.
- He creates his ceramics in his kiln and hand paints each and every piece.
- Pablo has also signed the rabbit.
- Pablo has painted the rabbit with beautiful hand painted Tonala style designs.
- The rabbit has a very cute green tail.
- The ceramic production in Tonalá, known as the authentic mestizo ceramic is symbolic of Mexico’s identity. Made of burnished clay or scented clay, these artistic objects are created for ordinary and decorative use. The tradition comes from the Tonalteca group, which used clay to produce polished forms. The first designs of these ceramics were inspired by forms found in nature such as vegetables and roots.
- Great addition to any home, office or as a gift for someone special.