Ceramic/Wood Hanging Niche Saint Jude/San Judas Mexico Folk Art M. Rodriguez
- Hanging Saint Jude Niche.
- Tall/Height- 13 1/2" (Wood Box)
- Wide- 10 3/4"
- Thick- 2 1/2"
- This exceptional collectible folk art piece was made in Mexico by Moises Rodriguez B.
- His work shop is located in Patzcuaro, Mexico.
- As one 5 of Salvador Vasquez' apprentices, Moises learned the technique of Barro Bruñido from one of the “Great Masters”.
- He continues to combine his work with ceramic and wood.
- He has become very interested in preserving some of Tonalá figurative work from the early 1920s and often uses depictions of some of these wonderfully naïve characters and village scenes in his work.
- This lovely niche of "Saint Jude" is an amazing piece of art.
- Moises has painted these amazing ceramic tile in beautiful and bright colors, which are then added to the wood.
- The wood is vintage and hand painted with beautiful colors. The colors of this niche are gorgeous metallic gold and a beautiful royal blue.
- The inside ceramic tile has a hand painted "Saint Jude".
- In the Roman Catholic Church, he is the patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes. Saint Jude's attribute is a club. He is also often shown in icons with a flame around his head
- Moses has signed this beautiful niche.
- What a wonderful gift for yourself, as a gift for someone special or for your office.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.