Ceramic Vase Ventura Hernandez Potter Mexico Fine Collection Folk Art Butterflies
Master Potter J. Ventura Hernandez Benitz Large Ceramic Vase.
- Height- 11 3/4"
- Width- 7 1/4"
- Opening- 4"
- This amazing vase is an example of Ventura's vision.
- This beautiful vase is hand painted and incised with butterflies and flowers.
- Ventura has hand painted and hand burnished the vase.
- While both Santa Clara and Cuanajo are located in close proximity to Lake Pátzcuaro, other towns and villages farther away also have their own native crafts.
- In Zinapécuaro, J. Ventura Hernández Benítez remains solidly committed to his ceramic business as he has been for 40 years.
- The workshop's rustic brick walls, held up a corrugated metal roof, have his creations which seemed to gestate in the heat.
- Homemade plaster molds, pots, vases and pitchers that required weeks of labor - lay about the shop in the hypnotic chaos of a true artisan.
- Small ceramic pumpkins sit on the concrete floor in front of a shelf loaded with vases covered with images of skeletons dressed in fiesta garb, geometric patterns of terraces and triangles, stylized dogs, fish and monkeys.
- Pots in subtle shades of dark red ocher, greenish umber and bluish gray sat nearby.
- This vase will be a wonderful addition to any home, office or as a special gift for someone special.