Ceramic Vase/Jar/Vessel Ventura Hernandez Benitz Pottery Mexico Flower
- Master Potter J. Ventura Hernandez Benitz Ceramic Vase, Jar, Vessel.
- This piece is made with Reverse color glaze, multiple colors, incising and scratching.
- Height- 13"
- Width- 12"
- Openings- 4 3/4"
- This amazing vessel is an example of Ventura's works. Ventura has painted the vessel with natural paints, (such as minerals, plants and flowers). Ventura also painted flowers and designs on the vessel.
- The workshop's rustic brick walls held up a corrugated metal roof beneath which his creations seemed to gestate in the heat. Homemade plaster molds and their offspring - pots, vases and pitchers that required weeks of labor - lay about the shop in the hypnotic chaos of a true artisan.
- Small ceramic pumpkins sat on the concrete floor in front of a shelf loaded with vases covered with images of skeletons dressed in fiesta garb, geometric patterns of terraces and triangles, stylized dogs and monkeys. Pots in subtle shades of dark red ocher, greenish umber and bluish gray sat nearby.
- We continue to bring you all these wonderful pieces of fine folk art from from award winning ceramists.