Ceramic Vase/Jar Mexican Folk Art Collectible Ventura H Benitz Master Potter #3
- Master Potter J. Ventura Hernandez Benitz Ceramic Vase/Vessel
- Height- 6 1/4"
- Width- 7"
- Opening- 5"
- This amazing vase is an example of Ventura's work. This beautiful vase depicts hand painted Pre Hispanic symbols. Ventura has hand painted each glyph in a cinnamon color and light beige.
- Both Santa Clara and Cuanajo are located in close proximity to Lake Pátzcuaro, other towns and villages farther away also have their own native crafts.
- In Zinapécuaro, J. Ventura Hernández Benítez remains solidly committed to his ceramic business as he has been for 40 years.
- The workshop's rustic brick walls held up a corrugated metal roof beneath which his creations seemed to gestate in the heat. Homemade plaster molds and their offspring - pots, vases and pitchers that required weeks of labor - lay about the shop in the hypnotic chaos of a true artisan. Small ceramic pumpkins sat on the concrete floor in front of a shelf loaded with vases covered with images of skeletons dressed in fiesta garb, geometric patterns of terraces and triangles, stylized dogs and monkeys.
- This vase will be a wonderful addition to any home or as a special gift for someone special.
- We will make sure to wrap the vessel extremely well.