Ceramic Tall Bull w Nativity Mexican Folk Art Collectible Ocumicho Collectible
- Mexican Ceramic "Donkey with Nativity".
- Tall- 11-1/2"
- Length- 11-1/2"
- Wide- 5-1/2"
- These whimsical and collectible figurine was made and signed by Octavio Esteban Reyes. He learned this wonderful folk art from his native Ocumicho.
- The town is in Michoacán, Mexico.
- He resides in Ocumicho, Michoacán, Mexico.
- This is a figurine of a Donkey with nativity on its back.
- The Donkey is black with Purple dots and Yelow & Green Dots w Red circles, while the nativity figurines are colorful and has been hand formed.
- Ocumicho figurines, diablitos (little devils), figurines and mermaids are important to the region’s religious celebrations.
- Popular with collectors, well-conceived figurines, fish, diablitos, figurines and mermaids can provide a dependable income to traditional artists and Octavio stands out as one of the region’s best.
The traditional technique for making Ocumicho diablos art starts with local clay, which is abundant in this area of Michoacán. The clay is shaped by hand into figurines, which are then painted with brushes made of human hair.
The devils and other pieces are used mainly in two holidays in the Ocumicho region, Christmas and Holy Week, where they appear in dances and as decoration.
Octavio, who began making, figurines, mermaids, fish and diablitos at the age of 12, now runs a family workshop in his hometown. his wonderful pieces are favorites locally and around Mexico. They are sold all over in Mexico, United States and in Europe.
This is a beautiful ceramic piece can be added to your home, of an office or as a gift.
- We will make sure that your piece is extremely well packed and insured.