Ceramic Small Nativity Scene Open Jar Mexican Fine Folk Art Filigree Signed Star
- Gorgeous Small Ceramic Open Jar with Nativity Scene
- Tall- 3 1/2"
- Wide- 3 1/2"
- Thick-2 3/4
- Award winning Manuela Villanueva Velasco lives in the Pueblo of Santa María Atzompa, Oaxaca.
- She continues the tradition innovated by her late husband, Joel Velasco, of filigree style decoration of ceramic miniatures. Miniatures include tiny hands with nativity scenes, cups, round decorations etc.
- This gorgeous and detailed filigree jar has a tiny nativity scene and a star inside it.
- Tiny pieces of clay of a different color are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Filigree decoration is a detailed process which uses a sharp objects such as a needle or and other very sharp objects to add to the figurine.
- First the design is formed by hand, then Manuela, drawing the desired pattern on the wet clay.
- Then tiny pieces of clay are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Manuela takes weeks or months to make the these tiny nativities and other pieces of art depending how big or small it is.
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special. We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.
- Since these miniatures are handmade, there will be slight differences in each one.