Ceramic Small Filigree Hand/Nativity Scene Mexican Fine Folk Art Oaxaca Decor
- Gorgeous Small Ceramic Hand with Nativity Scene
- Tall- 4 3/4"
- Wide- 3 124"
- Deep- 1 3/4"
- Award winning Manuela Villanueva Vázquez lives in the Pueblo of Santa María Atzompa, Oaxaca.
- She continues the tradition innovated by her late husband, Joel Velasco, of filigree style decoration of ceramic miniatures. Miniatures include tiny hands with nativity scenes, cups, round decorations etc.
- Manuela signs all her pieces.
- This gorgeous and detailed filigree small hand has a tiny nativity scene on the palm.
- Tiny pieces of clay of a different color are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Filigree decoration is a detailed process which uses a sharp objects such as a needle or and other very sharp objects to add to the figurine.
- First the design is formed by hand, then Manuela, drawing the desired pattern on the wet clay.
- Then tiny pieces of clay are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Manuela takes weeks or months to make the these tiny hands, churches and other pieces of art depending how big or small it is.
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special. We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.