Ceramic/Pottery Skull Mexican Folk Art Décor "Day of the Dead" Angel Ortiz #2
- Gorgeous Skull
- Tall- 3 1/4"
- Wide- 2 1/2"
- Length- 3 1/2"
- These incredible skulls are made by Master Potter Angel Ortiz.
- For 40 years both, both JOSÉ ÁNGEL ORTIZ ARANA and his father, ÁNGEL GABRIEL ORTIZ been making ceramics in Tonala. They have revived traditions from the thirties that had actually disappeared from their village.
- They are among very few Mexican artists who have been selected to sell their work at the International Folk Art Market in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Their works of art are found in the best galleries, collectors private collections and in museums in Mexico, The United States and in Europe.
- The distinctive and extraordinary feature of their work is the gorgeous and highly skilled slip decorations on the pieces. Their brushwork is as refined as the finest Japanese brushwork. They paint with slip (liquid clay) complex designs including such themes as country life; mythology; flora and fauna, old Tonalá stories; and national pride.
- The skull is signed by Angel.
- This incredible skull is full of beautiful details.
- This amazing skull will be incredible for any collector of fine Mexican art, for your home or as a special gift for someone special.
- We will make sure that your skull is extremely well packed and insured.