Ceramic/Pottery Jar/Vase Mexican Folk Art Fernando Solis Luna Color Wash/Decor
- Beautiful Mexican Collectible Jar.
- Tall - 7 1/2"
- Diameter - 12"
- Opening - 3"
- The gorgeous jar with lid was made at the workshop of award winning ceramicist Fernando Solis-Luna. He is from Zinapecuaro, Michuacan, Mexico.
- Fernando is an award winning ceramist who has won many awards throughout the years.
- “Our tradition dates back to 1850, maybe a bit further back. For many years, we only made utilitarian dishes, pots and jars for water, bowls for food, among other objects for cooking". (Fernando Solis Luna).
- This gorgeous jar was made by using negative painting.
- The jar also has several hand painted turtles around it.
- This lovely jar has hand painted dots of varying sizes.
- The vase has been color washed throughout with turquoise, yellow and salmon colors .
- The jar also has 3 indented parts, giving the jar an interesting and lovely look.
- The vase has been hand burnished by Fernando.
- This jar has been etched with "Taller-Solis 1850 Tradicion".
- Because these ceramics are handmade and hand polished, there are small imperfections. Please make sure to view all photos provided for minor details such as these. Please check out all photos.