Ceramic/Pottery Jar Mexican Folk Art Handmade/Paint Moises Rodriguez "Loteria"
- Ceramic Tall Jar "Loteria"
- Tall- 17 1/4"
- Diameter- 10"
- Opening- 2 1/2"
- This exceptional collectible folk art piece was made in Mexico by Moises Rodriguez B.
- His work shop is located in Tonala, Mexico.
- As one 5 of Salvador Vasquez' apprentices, Moises learned the technique of Barro Bruñido from one of the “Great Masters”.
- He continues to combine his work with ceramic and wood.
- He has become very interested in preserving some of Tonalás figurative work from the early 1920s and often uses depictions of some of these wonderfully naïve characters and village scenes in his work.
- Moises has painted this amazing jar in beautiful and bright colors.
- On one side he has painted 3 lovely birds along with flowers and other beautiful designs.
- The other side has Loteria cards (a Mexican card game).
- Each has a small poem dedicated to each card. I thought you would have fun translating the poems.
- What a wonderful gift for yourself, as a gift for someone special or for your office.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.