Ceramic Pitcher w Spout Hand Made Pottery Mexican Folk Art Potter Signed Huipe
- Wonderful Mexican Pitcher
- Height- 8 3/4"
- Width/Diameter- 6 1/2"
- Length- 8 1/2"
- This pitcher has a long spout and a tall handle.
Angel paints each piece by hand and then burnished also by hand.
- Miguel Angel Molinero Huipe, grandson of the renowned Emilio
- Molinero Hurtado who is featured in the landmark book “Great Masters of Mexican Folk Art,” is a young man who was born and lives in Tzintzuntzan, Michoacán.
- Emilio exemplifies the best in Mexico's handicrafts and has earned his place in the folk art community. His age prevents him from continuing his work but he has handed down his methods and secrets to his grandson.
Miguel's pottery is Barro Brunido or Burnished clay and is the most prominent technique in recent decades. It is painted on a piece "raw" then with a stone 'pyrite rubs the decorated surface to get the shine.
- His pottery and symbols are replicas of pre Hispanic designs.
- Wonderful addition for any collector.