Ceramic/Metate/Grinding Stone Mexican Folk Art Ramon Hernandez Decor Frog
- Gorgeous Fruit Platter/ Bowl
- Length - 14"
- Wide - 2"
- Tall - 6 1/2"
- This wonderful metate or grinding stone was made by Master Potter Ramon Hernandez Almanza.
- This amazing piece of art was made in the taller/workshop of the Hernandez Almanza family.
- Ramon has won several awards in the Masters section at Uruapan, Mexico.
- His ceramics are sold to collectors in Mexico, United States and in Europe.
- The colors are bright and vibrant. In the middle of the bowl there is a pre-Hispanic frog.
- Beautiful designs add to this wonderful metate or grinding stone. The metate does not have the grinder.
- This has been handmade, incised and hand burnished. This is also an example of negative painting.
- The piece has also been etched/signed in the back.
- Because the pottery is hand made, this wonderful piece of ceramic might have some imperfections. Please see all photos.