Ceramic Nagual Man/Bird Mexican Folk Art Handmade Décor J. A. Ortiz Signed Turq
- Wonderful Vintage Woman/Bird Nagual
- Height- 4 1/2"
- Length- 4"
- Wide- 2 1/2"
- The man bird is painted a beautiful turquoise color.
- The face is extremely well made and is very handsome.
- The body has gorgeous hand painted flower and designs.
- The potter, Angel Ortiz Gabriel, a tenacious man of few words, has been working with clay since he was 11 years old.
- His studio-house-workshop located in Tonalá, Jalisco, Mexico, is a family affair, It isn't just a livelihood, it is a lifestyle passed on through generations. His vocation was learned from and taught by his grandparents Cruz Gabriel and Maria Felix Bautista.
- Angel also studied with the famous Jorge Wilmot, an internationally renowned craftsman who has been honored with various accolades. Angel himself has also won many awards over the years on both the state and national levels in working his craft. Angel Ortiz Gabriel has dabbled in various art forms but barro bruñido (burnished pottery) is his forte. (Feria Maestro del Arte)
- This wonderful museum quality piece will be an amazing addition to any house hold or collector of Mexican folk art.