Ceramic Hanging Niche Saint Rafael Mexican Folk Art M. Rodriguez Décor Religious
- Hanging Niche "Saint Rafael".
- Tall/Height- 11"
- Wide- 6"
- Thick- 3" (including the font).
- Rafael, the Archangel...Raphael is identified as the angel who moved the waters of the healing sheep pool. He is also the patron of the blind, of happy meetings, of nurses, of physicians and of travelers. His feast day is celebrated on September 29th.
- This exceptional collectible folk art piece was made in Mexico by Moises Rodriguez B.
- His work shop is located in Patzcuaro, Mexico.
- As one 5 of Salvador Vasquez' apprentices, Moises learned the technique of Barro Bruñido from one of the “Great Masters”.
- He continues to combine his work with ceramic and wood.
- He has become very interested in preserving some of Tonalá figurative work from the early 1920s and often uses depictions of some of these wonderfully naïve characters and village scenes in his work.
- This lovely niche of "Saint Rafael, the Archangel" is an amazing piece of art.
- Moises has painted this amazing ceramic niche in beautiful and bright colors.
- Just add holy water, a small plant or maybe keys, jewelry or anything you like in the font.
- Moses has signed this beautiful niche.
- What a wonderful gift for yourself, as a gift for someone special or for your office.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.