Vintage Ceramic Vase Master Potter Luis Cortez Mexican Fine Art
- Beautiful Colorful Mexican Ceramic Vase, One side has a Heron, on the other side the Fish, hiding under a flower.
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 9"
- Opening- 2 1/2"
- José Luis Cortéz Hernández was presented with the “Ángel Carranza Award" at the 2013 Premio Nacional de la Ceramica in Tlaquepaque by Presidente Enrique Peña Nieto. Along with the award, José was awarded $50,000 pesos.
- This award is named for Ángel Carranza Cortés, first recipient of the award, and has been awarded a total of 17 times, 13 of which have been to potters from either Tonalá or Tlaquepaque.
- Jose Luis Cortez Hernandez José is in his 40s and has been working with clay half of his life. Married to Irma, José has studied with the great Salvador Vazquez Carmona and has risen to become a true master of bruñido (burnished) pottery. (Feira Maestros Del Arte)
- His elegant designs and pottery forms originate from his creative imagination. When I asked him where he got his inspiration, he said, "I just feel the shape as I work with the clay.
- Beautiful addition to your home, office or as a special gift.