Ceramic/Clay Figurine Mexico Folk Art Signed Signed Josefina Aguilar Flower Lady
- Ceramic "Flower Lady" by Josefina Aguilar.
- Wide- 4 1/2"
- Height- 6 1/2"
- Thick- 3"
This exceptional collectible folk art ceramic piece was made by Josefina Aguilar.
- The ceramic lady is very colorful and filled with details.
- This lovely figurine has colorful flowers surrounding her head and upper body.
- Handmade and hand painted by Josefina.
- Collectors of her work include Nelson Rockefeller, who discovered her work on a trip to Oaxaca in 1975, as well as repeat visitors to Oaxaca who come to see her latest work. Aguilar says each figurine she makes is unique.
- She became blind in 2014 and now uses touch to create her art. One of her major collectors quoted her as saying "It's not the eyes. It's the hand and the brain".
- Josefina's folk art is in museums, private homes and fine boutiques throughout the world.
- Born- 1945 (age 73–74)
- Oaxaca, Mexico
- Nationality- Mexican
- Known for clay muñecas (dolls)
- Style- Folk art
- What a wonderful gift for yourself, as a gift for someone special or for your office.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.