Ceramic Black Owl Mexican Folk Art Pottery Décor Incised Décor Eusebio M. Ortega
- Ceramic Black Owl
- Height- 9 1/2"
- Deep- 6"
- This stunning black owl was hand made by Eusebio Mateos Ortega.
- This gorgeous owl was incised with beautiful designs, such as flowers and vines.
- In the 1940's, Jalisco also produced Black Clay Pottery.
- Rigoberto Mateos Ortega, born In 1942, was an artist in barro negro esgrafiado ( The term comes from the Italian sgraffiare , 'to make incisions or scratch with a special tool called grafio) He then passed his amazing tradition to his family.
- Today Eusebio Mateos Ortega (52 Years Old) and his brother, Pablo are reviving the Barro Negro tradition. They have brought creativity to unique products including these amazing figurines.
- This owl will look amazing in any home, office or as a special gift for someone special.
- Eusebio has signed the owl.
- The owl is darker then the photos.
- We will pack and ship the figurine with extreme care and insure it.