Ceramic Black Cross Mexican Folk Art Pottery Décor Incised Eusebio M. Ortega #2
- Ceramic Black Cross
- Height- 11 1/2"
- Wide-7 1/2"
- Thick- 1"
- This stunning black cross was hand made by Eusebio Mateos Ortega.
- This gorgeous cross was incised with beautiful designs, such as flowers and vines.
- In the 1940's, Jalisco also produced Black Clay Pottery.
- Rigoberto Mateos Ortega, born In 1942, was an artist in barro negro esgrafiado ( The term comes from the Italian sgraffiare , 'to make incisions or scratch with a special tool called grafio) He then passed his amazing tradition to his family.
- Today Eusebio Mateos Ortega (52 Years Old) and his brother, Pablo are reviving the Barro Negro tradition. They have brought creativity to unique products including these amazing figurines.
- This cross will look amazing in any home, office or as a special gift for someone special.
- Eusebio has signed the cross.
- The cross is darker then the photos.
- We will pack and ship the figurine with extreme care and insure it.