Authentic Mexican Huipil/Blouse Handmade Embroider Clothing Folk Art Flowers
- Authentic Huipil blouse from Mexico
- Width- 27 x 2= 54" total
- Length- 33"
- Neck Opening- 6 3/4"
- This gorgeous huipil top is made by the women in San Juan Cotzoon, Mexico.
- The blouse is made of 100% cotton. The neckline is hand embroidered with colorful flowers.
- A huipil of this quality can take many months to hand weave on back strap loom. The back strap loom is a small hand loom used to make one slim weave at a time.
- The resulting fabrics, known as panels, are usually only 8"- 16" wide. 2-3 panels are joined together length ways to create the base of a huipil.
- In this case there is 2 large panels, sewed together to make the blouse.
- The outcome of years of experience is this truly beautiful yet sturdy masterpiece of weaving.
- You can add a long or short tee shirt and leggings or a skirt for either winter or summer.
- Wearing this lovely blouse alone will be gorgeous any time of year.
- This huipil can also be hung as an art piece or is perfect for the collector or the fashion conscious female.