3 Footed Ceramic Vessel Mexico Fine Folk Art Artist Jose Luis Cortez Black Fish
- Wonderful Round tripod Ceramic Vessel
- Height/Tall- 6 1/2"
- Wide/diameter- 14"
- This amazing decorative round vessel was made in Tonala, Mexico by Master Ceramist Luis Cortez.
- Luis was one of 5 of Salvador Vazquez' original apprentices, he was trained in the classic Barro Bruñido technique.
- Luis' work often features elements of dimension that seem to bring his pieces to life.
- Each piece is painstakingly burnished by hand prior to the final firing.
- Luis was presented with the “Ángel Carranza Award" at the "2013 Premio Nacional de la Ceramica" in Tlaquepaque by Presidente Enrique Peña Nieto.
- His fine folk art is exhibited in museums, fine galleries, and collectors homes.
- This vessel is on three feet (tripod), Luis has painted many beautiful black fish swimming throughout the vessel. He also painted other designs to complete this gorgeous vessel.
- There is also a hand painted a large colorful fish.
- The vessel head of the fish is protruding from the vessel.
- What a wonderful addition for your home, office or as a gift for someone special.
- We will make sure your vessel is extremely well packed and insured.