x-Lg Wood Cross/Heart w Milagros Mexican Folk Art Hand Made/Painted Religious
- Extra Large Hand Made Cross from Mexico
- Height- 24"
- Wide- 16"
- Thick- 1 3/4"
- Heart- 7" x 4 1/4
- This red, green and gold colored wood Cross is from Pasquaro, Michoacan, Mexico. The cross was made by Jose Antonio Mejias Ornelas.
- The cross has a large heart in the middle. The heart is filled with milagros/religious charms.
- A milargro or ex voto is a religious offering given in fulfillment of a vow or gratitude for recovery of an illness or injury.
- Each milagro is hammered into the cross with very small nails.
- Jose Antonio is a skilled artisan whose family has worked together for generations.
- What a wonderful addition to any home or as a gift to someone special.