Small Wood Madonna/Virgin Mary Hand Tooled/Carved Mexican Folk Art Religious #2
- Gorgeous Madonna "Virgin de La Salud"
- It is 8" tall.
- The Madonna is 4" wide.
- The base is 4 1/2" x 2 1/2".
- On the 8th of December, the town of Patzcuaro, Mexico, the town has a lovely possession celebrating La Virgin of Salud or The Virgin of Heath.
- The artisan takes weeks or months to make the Virgin/Madonna depending how big or small it is.
- The temperate and tropical forests of the state provides of the state’s main economic resources, mostly managed by indigenous and mestizo groups providing both material and fuel.
- The wood used by workshops in many small communities translate into one of the main sources of employment in the state. Individual artisans create each piece from selecting the wood to polishing the final product. (Wikipedia)
- The artisan has hand tooled the wood Madonna with intricate details.
- The details are amazing!
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special.