Small Green Wood Hanging Sacred Heart/Milagros Handmade/Paint Mexican
- Beautiful Wood Hanging Heart with Milagros.
- The heart is 4" tall.
- It is 2 1/2" wide.
- It is 1 1/2" thick.
- The Milagros or religious folk charms are hammered into the heart with tiny nails.
- This wood heart is painted a Green color with a Sacred Heart milagro in the middle of other Milagros.
- Jose Antonio Mejia Ornelas works along with his sons and daughters in a small work shop. Seeing them work in their shop is an amazing experience.
- Every piece of folk art is hand carved then hand painted. Each heart is covered with different kinds of Milagros, made of pot metal and hammered onto the wood.
- Milagros are traditionally used for healing purposes and as offerings in Mexico, the southern US and other parts of Latin America. They are frequently attached to altars, shrines, and sacred objects found in places of worship, and they are often purchased in churches and cathedrals, or from street vendors.
- Milagros come in a variety of shapes and dimensions and are fabricated from many different materials. For example, they might be nearly flat or fully three-dimensional; and they can be constructed from gold, silver, tin, lead, wood, bone, or wax. In Spanish, the word Milagros/charms literally means miracle or surprise.
- Wonderful gift for your self or for someone special.