Ceramic Small Filigree Cross Mexico Fine Folk Art Oaxaca Décor Master Potter
- Gorgeous Small Ceramic Cross
- Tall- 4 1/4"
- Wide- 3 1/2"
- Thick- 1/2"
- Award winning Manuela Villanueva Vázquez lives in the Pueblo of Santa María Atzompa, Oaxaca.
- She continues the tradition innovated by her late husband, Joel Velasco, of filigree style decoration of ceramic miniatures. Miniatures include crosses, 4 1/4tiny hands with nativity scenes, cups, round decorations etc.
- Manuela signs all her pieces.
- This gorgeous and detailed filigree small cross takes so much time to make. Note the beautiful and delicate designs.
- Tiny pieces of clay of a different color are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Filigree decoration is a detailed process which uses a sharp objects such as a needle or and other very sharp objects to add to the figurine.
- First the design is formed by hand, then Manuela, then drawing the desired pattern on the wet clay.
- Then tiny pieces of clay are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Manuela takes weeks or months to make the these tiny hands, churches and other pieces of art depending how big or small it is.
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.