Lupita Najaco Ceramic/Pottery Doll/Figurine w Guitar Mexican Folk Art Orange
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll/Figurine, Guitar, Orange Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6 1/4" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is carrying a beautiful ceramic guitar.
- The skirt is a lovely orange with a wonderful hand painted man holding a guitar.
- This Lupita has her hair in a pony tail along with a comb and flowers.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly makes each figurine and is painted by hand. Each figurine is signed or initialed by each artisan.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each Lupita doll/figurine is a model of Mexican beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.