Lupita Najaco Ceramic Our Lady Aqua Figurine Basket Lilies Mexican Doll #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll "Virgen de Guadalupe" Lily Basket, Aqua colored Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall.
- 6-1/4" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- She is carrying a basket with white calla lilies.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful Aqua color.
- She has her hair in One Long Braid with a Bow and Flowers.
- The artisan has hand painted a gorgeous "Our Lady of Guadalupe" on her skirt.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The Lupita is painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is initialed or signed by the artisan.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail.
- All Lupitas are individually hand painted and will have slight variations one to another.