Lupita Najaco Ceramic Figurine/Doll Pinata Mexico Folk Art Decor Celeste Blue #3
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll With Traditional Star Pinata, Celeste Blue Skirt
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- Base- 6 3/4" x 4 1/4"(at the base).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a Traditional Star Pinata.
- The skirt is painted a lovely Celeste Blue color with 2 boys swinging at a Pinata.
- This doll has her hair in a Pony Tail with flowers and a Comb.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family and the artisans proudly manufactures each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted and initialed/signed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.