Lupita Najaco Candy Apple Seller Lime Green Ceramic Figurine/Doll Mexican Hat
- "Lupita" Najaco Doll Candy Apple Seller, Lime Green Skirt & Hat
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This lovely Lupita is a candy apple seller.
- Her skirt is painted a beautiful Lime Green color.
- She is holding a wood stick with candied apples on it.
- The artisan has hand painted gorgeous apples on her apron.
- This doll has a pony tail and Bow in her hair. She is wearing a Hat.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are manufactured in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans and signed or initialed by each artisan.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.