Lupita Doll Najaco Ceramic Mexican Espanola Pitaya/Dragon Fruit Orange
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Figurine, Pitaya Fruit, Espanola Style Orange colored Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 7" x 5 1/4" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" wide (Shoulder to shoulder).
- The ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket with pitaya or dragon fruit.
- A pitaya or pitahaya is the fruit of several different cactus species indigenous to the Americas.
- The artisan painted the apron with a man harvesting the pitaya.
- Her Espanola style Skirt is painted a gorgeous Orange.
- This doll has her hair in One Long Braid with a Bow and flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward, each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.