Wood Plate Lacquer Ware 23 Karat Gold Rogelio Alonso Meza Mexico Award Winner Artist
- 23k Wood Plate/lacquer Ware Folk Art Mexico Collectible Decor Award Winning Artisan Rogelio Alonso Meza
- Diameter-7 1/2"
- This incredibly detailed wood platter has been hand painted and designed by award winning artisan Rogelio Alonso Meza.
- Please note the bright and deep colors, along with the 23k gold paint.
- There are flowers throughout the plate, along with a beautiful green birds along the edges.
- This plate is one of a kind due to so much gold.
Patzquaro Lacquerware in Michoacan State has been made sinc pre-Hispanic times, the gold outlined technique was brought by the Spaniards in the 17 century. By the 18th century Patzquaro had become a lacquerware production center competing with oriental lacquerware in quality and beauty. the designs used in the decoration of trays, plates, and gourds as well as the color combinations have an oriental influence because during the colonial period, Mexico was part of the commercial route between Philippines and Spain and the Chinese laquerware influenced the local artisans.
After the wars for Independence the traditional laquerware techniques almost died out but were relearned in the 1980's. Today, Patzquaro still makes the most intricate of designs, and still uses gold leaf in some of its production, which varies widely from trays, to plates to utensils and decorative items
- What a wonderful, one of a kind platter for any home or as a gift for someone special.