Vntg Huichol Yarn Art Disc/Circle Mexican Folk Art Handmade Collectible Décor
- Huge Huichol Hanging Wood and Yarn Disc.
- Diameter- 24" x 24"
- Thick- 1/4"
- This incredible vintage Huichol yarn art was bought in an antique store in Jalisco, Mexico.
- The stunning vintage disc is filled with Huichol symbols, The sun, the sacred deer, peyote, corn, birds, rays of the sun etc.
- Although it has some pulled yarn this should not take away from the integrity of the of the whole piece.
- The Huichol or Wixárika are an indigenous people of Mexico living in the Sierra Madre Occidental range in the states of Nayarit, Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Durango. They are best known to the larger world as the Huichol, however, they refer to themselves as Wixáritari ("the people") in their native Huichol language.
- The Huichol, however, yarn art is not only an aesthetic or commercial art form; the symbols in these paintings are sprung out of Huichol culture and its shamanistic tradition.
- It is a wonderful piece of vintage Mexican folk art.
- Gorgeous as a gift or for your home, office or as a gift for someone special.