Rustic Wood Moon/Skeleton/Guitar Handmade Mexican Folk Art "Dia De Los Muertos"
- Half Moon
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 7"
- Base- 5 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- Tall- 5 1/2" (including tail)
- Wide- 2 1/2"
- This rustic hand carved and hand painted half moon and Day of the Dead Skeleton was made by Mr. Busmaro Pina.
- It is a wonderful piece of Mexican folk art.
- This great rustic piece has a half moon with a skeleton sitting on the moon playing some sort of a guitar.
- Mr. Busmaro Pina is from Morelia, Mexico.
- Each of his figurines, masks or canoes are hand carved with local wood (copal), along with acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina signs all his pieces.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- There is a cemetery on the island where people have been burying their love ones for many, many generations.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.