Sterling Silver Necklace/Earring/Bracelet set Hand Made .950 stamped New
- Artist designed, original handcrafted Traditional/Contemporary art jewelry
- Necklace Length- 22 1/2" Tear Drop Pendent- 1 1/2" Small Pendents- 3/4" Bracelet- Cuff- Earrings 4" x 1 1/8".
- This set is a one of a kind piece of jewelry.
- Alfredo found inspiration for this award winning set of beautiful jewelry while walking through an old building built in the 16 century.
- Please see photo of what part of the building inspired this set. Poster will be sent to you, along with jewelry set.
- These tear drop large filigree earrings, necklace and bracelet were hand made by Award Winning Jeweler, Alfredo Perez Aguirre.
- Alfredo lives in the town of Jerez, Zacatecas, Mexico. Alfredo Perez Aguirre was born in Mexico City, but has deep roots in the town of Jerez.
- His mother was from here. The family moved back to Jerez when Perez was very young, so he grew up here.
- His mother was a housewife and merchant. His father worked as a landscaper and landscape architect. However, his father had some creative ability as he did some painting and sculpting.
- Alfredo's development as an artisan jeweler was almost completely through trial-and-error.
- Over time, Perez developed both modern and traditional pieces. His inspirations are mostly from colonial Mexico and others that dominate the town of Jerez.
- One piece that is particularly in demand are his filigree earrings. Half-moon earrings are a common traditional design in central and north central Mexico.
- In Zacatecas, they are created with the use of twisted fine wires, often with very small accents, like flowers. These are Arab in origin, brought to Mexico by the Spanish.
- The making of these earrings in Jerez dates back over two centuries. The most traditional of these earrings are done in gold, and about 30% of Perez’s business is in this metal. But silver dominates in part because of cost. (Creative Hands of Mexico)