Mexican Ceramic Black Horse Folk Art Collectible Handmade Incised Designs Décor
- Beautiful black Incised Horse
- Height- 7 3/4"
- Length- 8 1/2"
- Width- 3 1/2"
- This adorable black horse was made by Eusebio Mateos Ortega. Black Clay Pottery, or Barro Negro Is a traditional folk art technique that most collectors and admirers believe that black clay only comes from Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Eusebio Mateos Ortega was born in 1955 in Tonalá, Jalisco. The son of potter parents, he began to make pieces from the age of 12.
- His specialty is the preparation of natural colors and innovation in his graffito black clay creations, which have been exported to the United States, Europe, Japan and throughout other parts of the world.
- Since 1990 he has participated in contests throughout Mexico. Elaboration of vases, jars, plates and especially miniature pieces are the ones that have given him the greatest satisfaction. He also received the National Prize for Arts and Sciences in the area of Popular Arts and Traditions in 2006 as a member of the group "Tonalteca Tradition."
- He creates his ceramics in his kiln and incises all his pieces. He also signs all his pieces.
- Great addition to any home, office or as a gift for someone special.